Thursday, December 25, 2008

GHOST MEDICINE author Andrew Smith


My friend Andy Smith taught me to write. We were both on the high school newspaper and while Mrs. Shiffman taught us the bare bones of journalism and layout, he opened up the heart to me. Today on his blog, Andy wrote about me. It meant the world to me, so I thought I'd share a piece of it -- and a link -- with you here.


"I'd like to say how grateful I am to have a friend like Kelly Milner Halls, whom I've known since we were kids. Kelly was really the one who made me start writing again, after so many years of drifting around from situation to situation and place to place. "


Thanks, my oldest friend. Here's to a brilliant new year.

2 comments:

  1. "My oldest friend."

    There has to be a better way to say that.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, especially considering you're so much younger than I am. : ) Revision: "The friend I've cherished longer than any other."

    kel

    ReplyDelete