Thursday, September 2, 2010

How big is something 7 feet tall?


It's THIS big. Actually, this guy may be slightly over 7 ' -- I'll have to measure him. But the banner is 8 feet tall, there is a little space at the top, and the SASQUATCH lettering at the bottom is at least six inched tall. Maybe he's about 7'6". Point is, he's life-size, according to most eye witness reports.


I'd heard "seven feet tall" for years, and had always pictured a creature a little taller than a human, adult male. When my banner, illustrated by Rick Spears, arrived today, I saw just how big BIG really is. WOW.


Needless to say, I love this guy. I love how the kids at my school visits will react to him even more. Man, that's going to be fun. I picture whole classes posing in front of him, to remember how big he really was -- or might be.


The banner is great for my book TALES OF THE CRYPTIDS, Darby Creek 2006. But it's also PERFECT for IN SEARCH OF SASQUATCH, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011. So I'm excited for now, and for later.


Now, if I can just get him on the airplane as carry-on. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment