Sunday, January 18, 2009

Farewell, ye Tiara!


Few are the times I wish I was rich. This time, is one of them. Alas, I've lose my R.L. Stine tiara to a series of fatter bids. It's a good cause, and I'm glad more money will be in the NYPL's coffers. But I wish I had enough to beat the beefy. Sigh. Some things just aren't meant to be, I guess. Bob -- if you're out there -- I've been your faithful fan for many, many years, and remain so, even if my keepsake will live on another soul's bookshelf.

1 comment:

  1. I feel a kind of connection to R. L. Stine, too... not just because of my incredible publisher, Jean Feiwel, but because my son was addicted to his books from the moment he could read. Trevin began reading before most kids do, and we even had a bit of trouble at his school because the librarian didn't want to check GOOSEBUMPS books out to a Kindergartner. She said there was no way a kid that young could read them. Yeah... that school ended up having to skip him ahead a year.

    ReplyDelete