Monday, June 4, 2012

The Literacy Connection

Time to update my blog.  YIKES.  I've been so busy on Facebook, I forgot to update here.  So it if looks like I did a bunch of entries TODAY, that's because I did a bunch of entries TODAY.  Each one is about a special yesterday, so I hope that counts, too.  : )  



As I mentioned in my last post, I did 19 schools in Washington State's TriCities region -- Richland, Kennewick, Pasco, Connel and Walla Walla -- thanks to the amazing women at the Literacy Connection.  Educators and former educators joined forced more than a decade ago to bring author visitors to schools.  Advance book sales covered hotel and travel expenses, the schools covered the honorariums. 

No one does it better than Carol Berry and her team.  No one.  And I had a lovely time essentially living in the TriCities during the month of February 2012.  THANK YOU for an exceptional experience.  I am beyond grateful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment